The Royal Vision - the episode of a new operating system & outfit
0 Comments Published by rizumu on Sunday, November 04, 2007 at 3:25 PM.
For the past two nights, I have been sleeping with eye shields in reason to protect my eyes from any foreign interference. Since post-surgery (yeah, I had lasik on fri evening), it's been somewhat surreal because it happened so quickly that you don't really have time to process the cause & effect but you just wake up the next day - getting on with life.
I'm now station with the following precautions - no water & soap into eye, no rubbing or pressing, no sweat contamination; which leaves me just to do really one thing - restful sleep. I wear sunnies during all outdoor exposure and when facing the computer because it's tad bit glaring at the moment. Reading is minimal because I do experience some long sightedness at times. But on a whole, I feel magical, for some odd reason, a bag of Ruffles chips never tasted so good as much as looking at them in crystal clarity.
I leisured my new vision last night with P Ramlee the musical. It was the BOMB. Probably the best musical I've seen this year; really amazing. Siti Nurhaliza's voice is incredible, she's amazingly composed and her voice is simply heaven. Sean Ghazi's performance as P Ramlee was incredible - he did the nation a favour, portraying our legend, our hero. I had a really good time watching it last night and seeing the many likes and have come to this conclusion recently about the Malays; they are nice people, very expressive and extremely talented. The myopic lense that is easily accustomed into our Chinese minds have left me well, somewhat sheltered. It's through my recent research and brave attempts to interview them with the reason of getting to know my target market; I see a new vision. P Ramlee's cast also showcased that ability.
I can't wait to get the soundtrack. It was nice seeing the works of Dick Lee, Erwin Gutawa and Liza Hanim as Saloma was breathtaking - I enjoyed the infatuation scene with clever usage of using a cigarette to maintain composure and how a simple word like, "Cut!" could not have been more appropriately and comically used. Very good humour timing in my personal opinion. I would like to try adapting that sometime.
I just got news, our family printing outfit in Malacca, the Royal Press is moving! I freaked out. Simply because, I haven' started my project yet and when visiting my aunt this afternoon she broke the news to us, that yeah, it's happening. After 60 years in that premise we're moving next door to our own premise because the one where we're situated on is rented at the moment. In the early days, even the Rental Act wasn't established yet. Right now, they pay RM1800 for the lot but the owner now wants RM3500 for it. So we said No, and we'll move. This takes place in January.
I'm glad my dad shares the same sentiments as me because he quickly called his sister ensuring that all equipment and materials must be transfered in its original accordance, nothing to be thrown away, every piece must be kept intact and no closing down of the outfit. It's heritage, I tell you, simply heritage. It's my personal fight to sustain this also, so much so, in view of Deepavali weekend next week and the long weekend holiday, I'm most likely popping by to Malacca to see what's happening on that place.
I feel somewhat saddened that Jonker Street is succumbing to the modernization and contemporary fittings of commercial balance. Somehow, Malacca doesn't fit that model, not Jonker Street at least. Time is pressing, and the press must stand against it's time. Personally, there's so much in there and has yet to be unravel and I really don't want to miss that opportunity. I am awaiting for them to furnish up the second house behind grandma's - at least with an A/C fitting so that I can put up a few days there and concentrate on some writing and researching.
Afraid not, the 50 year old bed plus mosquito netting is really a bit of challenge to put with :) You really have to see the condition of the place to believe for yourself.
I'm also very tempted to throw in my PC and switch to a Mac, I'm already a safari user at this point in time. All video editing work is done on Mac and I only use my PC for Microsoft office. It's giving me too many problems and there so many issues to crack with spyware. I'm thinking of going lean as I prepare for the big move soon.
The apartment is coming a step closer to its final polish, since most fittings are already going in so I need to start preparing on my end to see what I need to bring over. It's getting exciting!

0 Responses to “The Royal Vision - the episode of a new operating system & outfit”
Post a Comment